This online training program is designed to promote a culture of respect for religious diversity in MENA countries by improving the quality, quantity, and dissemination of objective reporting on religious freedom. 2021 Internews Training Program for Journalists from Lebanon and Sudan
Are you a journalist from Lebanon or Sudan reporting on religious freedom and human rights issues? Do you want to expand your knowledge on inclusive reporting and digital security? Apply for the 2021 Internews Training Program for Journalists.
The objectives are to increase the capacity of journalists to securely produce high-quality conflict-sensitive and inclusive content on key religious freedom issues and to enhance the availability of and access to high-quality conflict-sensitive and inclusive content as well as promoting dialogue on key religious freedom issues. The program is a partnership between Internews Network, Maharat Foundation, and Samir Kassir Foundation.
The program will equip its participants with the knowledge and connection to provide through two workshops – the Skills Labs, ongoing mentorship, and the opportunity to build a network of regional journalists. The skills Labs will cover the topics of:
- Inclusive reporting on key religious freedom issues and conflict-sensitive issues
- Digital security skills and situational awareness
- In addition, a pre-recorded module on fact-based reporting will be accessible through the online platform.
- A stipend to cover internet expenses will be provided to participants at the end of the program.
2021 Internews Training Program for Journalists from Lebanon and Sudan Eligibility
You can apply to the program if you:
- Have a minimum of two years of professional journalism experience;
- Have an interest in or prior experience reporting on religious freedom issues;
- Are able to commit to multiple workshops, on-going mentoring and reporting and writing assignments scheduled over twelve months;
- Are from Lebanon or Sudan.
Participants are expected to commit to the whole program.
- Skills Lab I: Key religious freedom issues and conflict-sensitive and inclusive reporting Training.
- Skills Lab II: Digital security skills and situational awareness Training.
- Small grants for follow-up projects and assignments.
- The main language of the training will be Arabic.
- All workshops will take place online.
- The program will run on a weekly schedule. Selected participants will have to commit to participating in all sessions.
To apply you need to submit this application form before January 15, 2021, 11:59 PM Beirut Time.